Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Now you know

I figured out this morning why they say don't put a metal spoon in a blender. I got up this morning to watch a segment on Good Day Utah about the Empress Theatre out in Magna. My brother and sister-in-law are ubber involved with this theatre and honestly when I can afford it I would like to invest in this cute little theatre. Here are the segments if you want to watch http://www.fox13now.com/news/gooddayutah/ Go to the Big Buddah segment and its parts 1-4 I think. I also now want to stop by the Kiwi Bakery and get some aussie treats. I actually like the Magna. But anyway, back to the blender. I was making a smoothie this manana when my fruit wasn't blending so I just poked it a bit while it was going and I hit the blade. Out spruts half of my smoothie! It was all over the floor, counter, and cupboards. And later I went to go pull my hair back and there was part of a raspberry in my hair. I washed it out and went on with my day. But now I know that you really shouldn't put your metal spoons in a blender. By the way if you are wondering about my smoothie here is the recipe.

chuck in some frozen raspberries
toss in a chopped up banana
squirt in some honey for sweetness
a spoonful of plain yogurt
and dash of skim milk.

It actually was really good. I might have to make those more often. I also got up before 8 for once! Go team!

3 comments:

  1. sounds a little more nutritious than koolade and ice. remember when you and jacque ate straight koolade without sugar. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww gross! I totally do remember that! Every once and a while I have orange boogers. Your little slushies were awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Magna too. :) I actually just heard about the Empress Theatre and was thinking about checking it out.

    ReplyDelete