Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What better way...

to break in a pair of new running shoes than by pounding the pavement? It was a great day yesterday for a run. So I put on my new shoes and ran 3.25 miles. It was glorious! I always forget how much I love running. I got a blister and it was worth it. I tend to have issues with my knee when I go from treadmill to pavement so it was not happy with me yesterday. I opted to not go to 24Set this morning and give my knee a rest. I decided that that was just an excuse. So I tried to get to the 9:15 24Set but I was too late. So I biked hills for 25 minutes then did weights for about 25 minutes. I should have done more. But the thing is I'm worried about hurting my knee. I try to tell myself that I'm just making excuses. But every time I stand up I have to walk on my toes until it stops hurting. It was probably a good idea to take a break. I'll get back to the run tomorrow. And while at the gym there is a really hot personal trainer at 24Hour Fitness. Going to get a personal trainer? Heck yes I am! No I'm not really. But I was embarrassed because I wore my High School Musical socks. Thanks Christi. Oops.
I forgot to share my stories about my experiences with the singles ward. So two weeks ago I was talking to this guy and he asked where I came from and I said I had just graduated from school. He asked what I graduated in and I said law school. He looked at me and walked away. Then last week I was talking to the branch presidents wife (I know the branch president and his wife. I worked at his insurance firm while in high school) and she asked if I had graduated from law school. I said yes and that I was taking the bar and then I'd be an attorney. This guy walking down the hall who I have never seen nor talked to before turns around and says "YOU are going to be an attorney?!" I said yes and the branch presidents wife asked why that was so surprising. He said, "Well uh there aren't a lot of women attorneys. I'm just kidding anyway." Riiight. Whatever. Anyway, its been fun going there. Ahem.
Moving on, so I decided that my blog can no longer be titled "Life of a Law Student" because I am no longer a law student. I'm thinking, "recent grad"? or "life of a bar prep student." Or leave it until I become and attorney then change it then. I don't know...I'll have to solicit suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. titled you months ago as "Life as a Law Student..Soon to be Lawyer."

    Glad to see the poons are living up to the survey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That they are, that they are...I like that title...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen that "Will & Grace" episode where Grace decides she wants a personal trainer but doesn't want to pay for one? So she works out on the sly with a woman who is paying for a personal trainer. It's a pretty funny one. That's what I thought of when I read this post. You should go watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey are you talking about Andrea's parents? If so, that's so cool. They would be awesome to have in the singles ward with ya. Tell them hi for me!
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete