Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Car Issues, Spilled Almonds and a Swear Jar

I've come to realize that when I don't post my sitemeter popularity goes down. So I better get on this! By the way, hello to the person reading my blog from Canada and from New York. Welcome to my odd little world. I hope you enjoy. Anyway, moving on. So I know its Tuesday and I am slacking. Lo siento! But here is an update. Monday was crap. Pure crap people. I have been writing this bloody legal memorandum for my case with Hail Satan in Spokane. Pretty much its to say "you are an idiot and should know your own regulations. Stop being a douche and grant my clients petition." But in nicer words. So I have been researching and writing and I got it back from my supervising attorney and it was completely rewritten. That's encouraging. Took a shot out of my confidence of doing this whole law thing. Plus I am stupid. Yup stupid. My SA said, "look at the regs for this section." Here's what my brain registered. "Hey moron, look at case law." So I looked at case law. Ok I know most of you reading this are not law students or attorney's but not looking at the statute or regulations first is a first year law student mistake. I am a third year! I should know how to do basic research. So that sucked. Monday started with that crap. Then I got really annoyed at pretty much everyone and everything. I went to FHE which was fine and then Trista took me home (Note: I ride my bike to school and I don't have a light to ride home in the dark. Trista doesn't like me riding home without one. So she usually gives me a ride.) So I got home and we were going to the store. I get in my car and the battery is dead. Again. This happened in March. So we jumped it. And so far its working fine. Then we went to WinCo. I went to go get almonds. I like to keep them at my desk at school to munch on as a snack. Well there I was and its a little pull down lever thing, so I pull it and totally miss my bag. They go all over the floor. It was awesome. Totally what my night needed. Actually Trista and I had a great laugh over that one for a while. Now on to the swear jar. I have become a sailor everyone. And its not the peon sailor swear words either. Its the behemoth ones. That needs to change. Trista has a mouth as well. So we have a swear jar. Its at my desk. We currently have about $2.00. Swears are .25 cents except for the biggin...that's a dollar. Since we can't go cold turkey we are allowing words found in the bible for the time being. Then those will be out too. Here's to hoping we do it! We can. Or if not we'll at least be able to buy something nice.

Alright quote Tuesday.
Me: "Oh awesome my high school got in a fight during a football game."
Jr. Garcia: "Your high school? For what?"
Me: "Instead of tackling the guy he sucker punched him and it started a brawl on the field."
Jr. Garcia: "What? Did you go to school in Compton?!"
Me: "No West Valley City, Utah."
Jr. Garcia: "Eh close enough."

That's all I can remember.

Workouts!
Monday blew. Tuesday was good. I got up and ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Yes I hate the treadmill too but I am thinking my pace is slowing down too much, so the treadmill helps get that back. Then I rode my bike to school and went and did weights and the eliptical that night. Today I got up to do a yoga video and ended up laying on the floor watching the lady do it alone. But I rode my bike today, everyday this week so far. And I'm going to the gym tonight with the T-ster. Ok everyone peace out! I'm late for class!

1 comment:

  1. Running on the treadmill is fake running. It actually propels you forward so it is like assistive running so your pace out on the pavement isn't the same due to this. The tread lies! So say you run a 8 minute mile on the tread...yeah for one that isn't a real mile out on the pavement and it will actually take you longer. You know where I am for more info my dear!

    ReplyDelete