Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday! I had no other title...sorry

So I am a slacker on this whole blog thing. See here's what happens. Ahem. I say "I'm going to update my blog...uh...later" Then later turns into almost three weeks. Its like shiny keys. Any distraction I get I take advantage of. So here I am anyway. Ok I received an email from a friend of mine who just started his first year of law school and he said that he asks why he ever decided to go to law school. I had to laugh because I told him before he started he was going to ask that question. Then he said he went to a seminar of the field of law he wants to study and it reminded him why he was doing it. That happened for me as well when I started law school. I questioned why I was in law school and then I talked to my friends from my mission and that would remind me why I am doing what I'm doing. I had another reminder today. One of my clients got approved and is now a permanent resident. When I told her that she started crying and was really grateful. That helped me remember why I want to do this crazy law thing. But it got me thinking about everything in life. For everyone in any field of study we always have to sift through the things we don't like to achieve our goal. The thing we need to do is have that reason we are doing it always in the back of our minds. So keep that mind with anything you are doing. Ok I'm done preaching.
My older brother has decided to steal a title from me. I was known as the runner in the family. People had questions they would ask me. Well apparently the oldest brother has started being all sporty! No, no not acceptable. As the youngest child I need some title! Besides being the whiner! Thanks Beth! So I have to regain my title. I have been slacking on my running. I'm not running as often as I should be nor as far. I have decided to tackle this issue head on. I am creating teams with my three brothers. We are going to pair off and after a few weeks whatever team has the most millage gets something from the other team. I'm still waiting for a response from one brother. But I'm determined to win every week and get my title back! I need something people!
Since this is monday and I like to muse on mondays I got to thinking about my nieces and nephews. Now I have a favorite niece, Abby, she's the only one that is allowed to call me "Auntie Em". This is an example of why I love her. She was talking to me on the phone and in a snotty voice says, "Who IS this?" Then she didn't believe me when I told her. She's four. I love it! But then I decided I really like my nephew Ben. He's 13 and a good time! That kid is fun. Then I got to thinking about Mari and she's great as well. All this led to me deciding that I don't have a just one favorite. They all are my favorites in their own little way. All 19 of them. I love my family. Every first Sunday we have what we call "Fast Sunday Fest". We get together once a month and have a lesson and a treat. For those of us not in Utah we teleconference. We did this yesterday and I had a good time. My family rules. Jealous? You should be! Go team! Anyway, I think that's all from me for now. Peace out all! I have attached one of my favorite photos of Mari. She was mad at me for something. But I love the look on her face! Baha!

1 comment:

  1. I thought the point of a favorite sobrino was that no one else knew they were the favorito....haha nice...

    ReplyDelete