Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Catch Up!

I really do suck at this posting a lot thing. I'm not going to say I'll be better because I can't guarantee that I will. So this time I'm doing a few observations and quotes...except I can't remember any...hopefully I will be the time the quote time comes up! Anyway, observations...
#1: Health care: I know this is a topic being debate all over the place and I don't want to get into anything specific with bills being introduce only my own observations on the whole thing. So I had to go to a clinic for certain reasons. Which are not important and people overreacted, me included and nothing was wrong. Anyway, so every procedure done on me lead to my first thought being "how much is this going to cost?" I am not doing a test they want me to do because I can't afford it. So here is my thought, "I shouldn't have to think that!" I mean I am insured but because of how things are with my insurance they don't cover everything. But I shouldn't have to turn down things that I might need. Granted I don't think I need it but still I should have the option to do it without worrying about costs. Something needs to be done with the insurance. Universal health care? Insurance reform? Who knows but something needs to change.
#2: Awesome Halloween costumes: So I was talking to my friend Janelle, who made an awesome birthday cake for my other friend by the way. But I was talking to Janelle and I asked her what her daughter was going to be for Halloween. In the past she has been a witch for like 4 years and last year she was a pink Christmas tree. She's six. So I asked Janelle what she was going to be for Halloween and Janelle said Clara wants to be a dead cat. I told her I was speechless and I wondered if Janelle was concerned about this. I also suggested that Clara be a crazy cat lady. Janelle said she already was crazy because she wants tire marks on her face as part of her costume. How awesome is that?! I thought it was great. Janelle didn't agree. I wish I was that creative as a little kid. Granted Janelle's daughter will more than likely be in therapy when she gets older but whatever.
#3: Surprise Notes: I wrote a note to my friend Jetta asking her how she could study at her carrel (AKA little cubicle) when she has books and papers all over. So on Monday I came down to my carrel and it was covered in candy! With a note that said this "Dear Emily, Since you were wondering. I can study because a laptop only takes up this much space. Jetta" So she covered my desk in candy but outlined her laptop. So if any of you are in the vicinity of the law school come to carrel 14 and get some candy....please! But I actually thought it was awesome and I now need to figure out a way to get her back.
#4: Reading between the lines: Has this ever gotten you into trouble? It has me before. But I have been informed by an attorney I have interned for that she has a position opening at her work and she was wondering if I would be interested in interviewing for it. Now here comes the reading between the lines portion. So she said she is going to hold off on interviewing until I get there and my Spanish would be great for this job and I can also study for the bar while working there. She also said that she will have other people cover until I get there in December and after I get settled we can interview. That to me says she kind of wants me to get the job. But I don't know. I might be sucking at this reading between the lines thing. We'll see.
#5: Delirium: A few things on this subject. There are times when I wonder if I'm drunk, high or just delirious. Considering I don't drink or do drugs I'm going with delirious. Here is an example of one. I was wearing a skirt yesterday with tights and I was heading out to my car and my neighbor asked me if I always wore my jean skirts backwards. Apparently in the course of my morning my skirt got completely twisted around. I have no recollection of this happening. Odd. One other point on delirium, people who settle for spouses or relationships that are not good for them. I have friends who want to get married so badly that they take the first thing that comes along. Never settle people! Come on! Seriously being single is not that bad! I'd prefer to be single over settling for something that is not good for me. So I've decided these friends are delirious. One day the fever will break and they will think "great, what did I do?" Maybe not, maybe they truly are happy and if so then good for them!
Ok that's all the observations for today! So on to what I'm supposed to post. Workout Wednesday and Quote Tuesday. Have no fear Lara "Things that must go Thursday!" will return.

Quotes:
Lady at the temple: "What is your name?"
Me: "Emily McKenzie."
Lady: "Your husbands name?"
Me: "Oh I'm single."
Lady. "Oh! Well that's ok too. Maybe You'll find him here!"
Right

Radiologist: "You know why you had problems don't you?"
Me: "No why?"
Radiologist: "You went running before 7AM. Its not natural."

Workout Wednesday
Monday: Ran 33 minutes which was almost 3 miles
Tuesday: Eliptical and strength training
Today: None, but gym clothes are in the car so I can go to the gym after class. My goal is to run another 3 miles.

Ok This is a long post and I should have been reading my immigration homework but whatever. This works too. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Landon: "Blow on it" preceded by an elbow to the lady sitting next to him.
    Me:"Wow really? I got what you implied but really?"
    Landon: "No, NO, NO. I didn't mean it that way!"


    I enjoyed your observations. According to Trixsy T it is because their sex button got pushed. Maybe you should push some boys sex button...

    ReplyDelete