Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Workout Wednesday and the age old question real injury or just an excuse?

I have done a lot better with the working out this week. Go team! I went running on Monday after 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks!!) of not running. I only did 2.5 miles. But apparently that was enough! I was so sore the next day and today. Which is odd since I've gone through patches of non-running before and I haven't been this sore since I started running about 8 years ago. Yes you would think after running for 8 years I'd be in shape. Ha! you are funny. There are a couple reasons as to why that is not true. The biggest reason is because I'm not consistent. If I was consistent I'd be in fabulous shape! The other reason is my genetic makeup. We McKenzie's are husky! We don't let go of our fat too easily. Let's just say when the famine comes you all are screwed!! I'll be fine though. So good luck with that! Anyway, so I biked to school on Tuesday but I also biked to school 3 out of the 5 days two weeks ago and 4 out of the 5 days a week. Today is where the question comes in. Since I've been sore from Monday I started my run this morning and my right knee...which hates me again...but not as bad as before...started hurting and my hamstring in the same leg hurt. I ended up for the first 6 minutes to do 3X1. Meaning 3 minutes running 1 minute walking. Then I ended up running the last 18 minutes. I decided that my first 6 minutes of "injury" was just an excuse. I rode my bike to school as well today and picked up a book for Trista. So in my wee backpack I had my huge immigration book 1500 pages and Trista's huge chemistry book, my laptop and plugs, a t-shirt and a full water bottle. Then I decide to take "short cut." Which involved 3 big hills. But I forced myself to ride up them. But it took me forever. Anyway, there is my working out. Peace out all!

No comments:

Post a Comment