Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Victory! A Small one but a victory none the less!

I have a small victory everyone! I can walk without waddling! Yesterday I was soooo sore from 24Set that I would waddle everywhere. It was pretty bad. And my idea that yoga would help combat the soreness oh no, no, no. So did not help. But I have a few observations about my yoga yesterday. #1: I was sweating a ton and no one else in the class was! #2: I have no balance on my left leg. #3: People drive stupid in the snow. Now most people complain about the fast drivers in the snow. Well I want to complain about the slow drivers. Mostly those on the freeway. You going 20 on the freeway is a HAZARD! If you don't want to drive at least 45 on the freeway in the snow then don't take the freeway! You are going to cause an accident. #4: I am not surprised that people that drive stupid have a crushed bumper or a busted headlight. You drive like an idiot. So I'm not surprised you got rear ended or you hit something. #5: My jeep is great fun in the snow! :)
So I went to my first bar prep class on Monday and got really freaked out about the bar. So I sent this text to a couple people. "I am debating on if I'd rather die a slow painful death or take the bar. I'm leaning toward slow death." Most of my law friends responded with "don't tell me that I have to take it soon too." Others said, "I'm sorry." I don't want your sympathy I want you to slit my wrists! (Note: I am NOT suicidal! Just a side note) But my friend Steve, who I forgot is dang funny responded with this following conversation:

Steve: "Well, if you need help speeding up that death, let me know. I'm sure I can find something on the internet that will tell me how to do it."
Me: "Awesome! I'll keep you in mind."
Steve: "It'll cost you though."
Me: "How about a contingent fee? If I die then I'll pay you."
Steve: "I hate lawyers."
Steve just completed his first semester of law school.

That was the best response I got. It made my night. Needless to say I decided to not die a slow death and endure bar prep and the bar. Speaking of Barbri bar prep. I actually like the classes. They are really helpful and you do a fill in the blank outline. So the three hours was me trying to guess what the next term was. It was like a game! I liked it! I am annoyed because I can't make it to the lecture tonight due to a family party but I'm allowed to make them up online. I'm trying to access the lectures but they are not posted. Which is annoying. The course handout says that the lectures are available the week they are presented. That to me says they should be available now. I'd prefer to get it done this morning. I even woke up early to do it! Of course no one is in the office. So I left a message and I will call and annoy them in another 10 minutes.

To end I will give a few quotes that I got at a cousin's wedding I went to the other day.
Uncle Floyd (this is my mom's uncle): he says to me, "So you are the STILL single one right?"
Me: "Yup!"
Floyd: "Well get on that!"
Me: "Done!"

Uncle Floyd: To me once again, "So what law are you going to specialize in?"
Me: "Immigration law."
UF: "Going to get rid of all those illegals right!"
Me: "Eh not so much."
My dad: jumping right in there before I continue, "She's going to help them become legal."

Good times with the fam...they then proceeded to call Obama the next Hitler. I had to move tables. Anyway, I'm going to go call Barbri! Peace out everyone! Oh and #1 Go Vandals today in their bowl game! #2 Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Nice quotes.
    2) I miss the rec and now I really miss yoga with Breezy due to this post.
    3) Glad you are enjoying Barbri class (due to your texts).

    ReplyDelete