Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a better way to celebrate the 4th then with the farmers market, heat exhaustion and fireworks in Pullman

Happy 4th everyone. I was way ambitious last night saying I was going to celebrate the 4th by getting up early and going fir a 5k run before the farmers market. Uh right...but I did get up and bike to the farmers market. Love it! I bought squash, rainer cherries, green beans, a strawberry smoothie and a bagel. It was grand. I biked home and decided I still needed to do my run. So its 11:45 and I take off for my 5k. I ran 2.5k without stopping, except for once because there is one house that I run past that has their dogs outside. So I made it half way through my 5k without stopping, but the way back was so hot! I ended up having to do 3 min runs and 20 second walks. But I did it dang it! After I went on to my back porch and dumped water on my head. It was probably a good thing because my head was really hot. It felt good. As dumb as this sounds I am glad I did a run because I wanted to do something on the 4th that made it seem like an accomplishment for the day. Yeah that sounds dumb but it works. Like last thanksgiving I got up at 6:00 and went for a 4 mile run. Just because it was Thanksgiving. So kind of the same thinking. Bad thing is though is that my ACL knee is really sore today. It hasn't been sore since right after my surgery. So I'm a little concerned. I'm going to ice it and see about getting a knee brace. My dad suggested I stop running. Yeah that's not going to happen. As much as I hate it I also love it too much to not run. But we'll figure it out.
After the run I made turkey burgers, orzo pasta, and a cherry pie for dinner. It was good. I had big plans to finish my upper level paper....which I got some done on yesterday...and study for my two finals. I got started around 9 and then I got a call from my friend Tana about going to the firework show in Pullman. So we headed out and made it at the perfect time. The band had just finished up and the firework show was going to get started. There were a ton of people there! I was quite surprised. So a few observations about the fireworks. 1. why do they use country songs? Granted I will admit they tend to be the patriotic ones. I can't really see Green Day or REM doing any patriotic songs. 2. I really like firework shows. Its been a long time since I'd seen one. 3. Ok here is the cheesyness. If you don't want to read it skip to number 4. So I had the opportunity to work on an asylum case with a guy from Zimbabwe. The basis of his claim is based on political opinion. So meaning things he says while here in America about Zimbabwe he could get imprisoned, tortured or killed for. So I was watching the fireworks really greatful for those rights we have. 4. The fireworks really close so my first thought was, "if someone gets burned by them then the firework company is liable because fireworks is a strict liability tort." But then I tried to figure out the rest of the time if you could also sue the city. Lame yes. Anyway! That was my fabulous 4th. I have 5 months and counting until I'm done with law school. Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment