Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Offer



So I found this house. Pretty nice house, needs some renovations but nothing major. 4 bed 2 bath. And its a REALLY good deal. I got my mortgage pre-approval letter today so things are good and I can make an offer! Woot! Or is it? I have had all these doubts come flooding in and ended up hanging up on my realtor before telling him to make the offer. Will I be able to afford it? What will dad do once I'm gone? Will he be ok alone? Will my guilt of leaving him in the house alone eventually drive me to the looney hospital? Can I care for a house? What if I still want to travel can I afford to do both? What if you can't make the changes that I want? What if it turns out to to be a really bad house and needs a lot more time and money than I have? (obviously a lot of my concerns are money related) I wish mom was here. She was really good at helping me talk things out. I have my dad, who I love, but he is more practical than I am. I have my siblings, who again I love, but they aren't the same. My mom understood me. She would have seen my vision for the house and given me ideas. Supported me and helped me figure things out. She got me better than anyone else ever has. *sigh* I can't change that situation. All I can do is try to make the decision that she would have helped me make. Wish me luck! :)

P.S. On the plus side, if I buy this house I will not look weird when I creep the home makeover blogs! :D

1 comment:

  1. Yup it's hard. I miss her too. I really miss that about her. She was so good at listening when you needed to hash something out. It's hard not to be able to do that anymore.

    Good luck with whatever you decide. It looks like a great place with lots of potential. I have already started thinking about stuff you can do. I am such a geek.

    ReplyDelete