Friday, August 5, 2011

Blog Stalker!

So first off this is a picture of my friend Carri from when we were in high school. I took this picture and thought it was funny then and still think its funny now. (Yes I'm THAT lame). But I also thought it fit my title. She is going to luuuv me for using this. Ha!

I have been wasting time at work for the last two days by stalking blogs and I have to tell you I am LOVING it. I have mostly been blog stalking running and foodie blogs. They have been giving me inspiration. Mostly the running blogs. Needless to say I NEED the help! Jen and I decided to not do the half marathon at the end of July. Which looking back was a really good idea. She had been having runner's knee, which I've had before and it is no good. I was in Rexburg, ID for a wedding the night before and I also didn't feel mentally or physically ready for it. So we opted to forgo that one and pick one later. BUT the bad things that I have only been running once since our 11 mile run 3 weeks ago! I've mentioned this before on here that my biggest issue with running is consistency. I also got to the point in our training that I HATED running. I had never had that much dislike for my beloved running before. I feel like I need to get back to the point where I love it and my day is not complete without a run. How do I do that? Well here is the plan:
#1. Go back to the basics. Train for a 5k again. Learn to love the race again.
#2. Run a few times without music. Focus on why I like to run. The challenge and feel of the pavement.
#3. DON'T run at 4:00 in the afternoon in 90 degree heat! Did that on Tuesday. All junk miles.
#4. Add cross training to the plans. I.e. swimming and weights, even though Jenny and I went and did weights and I was ready to go after two machines! That weight room scares me.
#5. Find a strength training plan. :D
#6. Stop finding excuses not to run.
I feel out of sync. But we'll get there.
Oh! In case some of you are wondering what blogs I've been stalking here are a few:
MegaNerdRuns
Chocolate & Carrots
(never home)maker
Nutrition Nut on the Run 
Carrots N' Cake
So there you go! Blog on my friends. If you have any others to suggest by all means let me know!
P.S. My blog stalking and blog writing have all been while waiting for a client to show. So I'm not a TOTAL sinnerface.

P.P.S. This is my next race. Looks like a good time. I better register for it! I'd love the company so you should join as well! :)

2 comments:

  1. GA!!!! WHY? Em I thought we were friends? Man I look tiny... Its amazing how 10 years has aged me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you are so cute! And it fit my blog post. :D

    ReplyDelete