Monday, March 22, 2010

Finally! *Sniff* it smells like chlorine and comfort zone? What comfort zone?

I decided I just needed a boost to lose weight. So I just needed 5 lbs and I would be motivated. I finally did. I also have motivation because I know what Janelle's weight is now and so I am determined to hit her weight and then pass her. I have never weighed less than her ever but I am going to now man! Ha! Go me! Bring it Janelle! Bring it.

Part of my working out is now doing swimming because my knee is screwed up...which is also motivation because I can't run again until I lose 20 pounds. So I needed a new swimming suit because my current one looks like this (in case you were wondering I totally look like this girl too. HA! I crack myself up):



Which is great for laying on the beach but not for swimming laps. So I bought a new one. It looks like this:



Hot no? I went swimming today and whoa..kicked my butt! I swam 20 laps (that was a there and back=one lap type thing) So I did two sets of breaststroke and two sets of backstroke. I have to say my form is horrible. I really need to take lessons. I'm pathetic. But hey at least I'm out there yeah?

So I've always been a little wary about changing in the locker room. I usually go into the bathroom stall, usually that's because I have to go to the bathroom at the same time. But whatever, well today I didn't care. I took a shower at the gym in the buff my friends! See here is my thinking, if anyone sees me its their own fault. Which is also my philosophy for if someone walks in on me in the bathroom. It's their eyes. I have to say I'm pretty dang proud of myself for not caring anymore. I even dressed in the middle of the locker room. Ok some of you might be saying, "wow crazy too much information." Well you know what? I don't care. I am no longer a prude!

5 comments:

  1. I am oh so proud. Most people avert their eyes in the locker room. At least where I have swam. Some day that 500 will be miles my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming is supposed to be the best workout you can do because it's completely resistance training, you're working against yourself and the water, which is better for your muscles. Keep it up! And way to not be a prude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, man. Everyone changes in the gym locker room. Why should other people get to change comfortably (not up against a toilet) and not us? I would do that when I went straight to work from the gym.
    ~Nothing to be ashamed of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Hear hear! I agree Linds! Nothing worse then that one sock falling into the toilet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, we were supposed to get together a couple weeks ago and once again I completely forgot! :(
    What about Monday night? April 5th? Are you busy?

    ReplyDelete