Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Done and done!

I accomplished a goal! Yes you read that right. Me. Emily, accomplished a goal AND a fitness goal no less! Needless to say I sometimes struggle with the goals. But I would like to let you all know I completed my goal of one race a month. Woot woot! I ended up doing more than 12 races (one was a proxy run...thanks to Jenny). But let me break them down for you.
January: Draper New Year's Day 5k
February: South Jordan Valentine's 5K
March: Buns up 5K for Colon Cancer (UP Millcreek Canyon, I wanted to hurl for the first 1.5 miles)
April: Adoption 5K and Thanksgiving Point 5K
May: Race for the Cure 5k (Ps. Note to self, Do NOT try to run that next year...way too many people to dodge)
June: Miller 10k for Diabetes and Race for the Women of Congo 5k
July: Katie Mack SIL 5k (I don't remember the official name...that one was a challenge to say the least)
August: The MORE Project 5k (Jen was my proxy since it was the same day as my mom's funeral.)
September: Rivalry Race Utah v. BYU 5K
October: Huntsman Cancer Institute Zombie Run 5K and the Walk/Run Against Violence 5k
November: Going Beyond Borders 5k in Orem
December: Girls on the Run 5k
Total: 15 races
Say what?! I'm actually really proud of myself for doing it and sticking to it. My mom was the reason I started though. I told her I had a goal of doing on race a month but the idea of the races just scared me to death. One day she called me and told me she had registered for the New Year's Day race and I had better sign up to join her. That got me started. She and I also did the Thanksgiving Point race together. all the while she had cancer and we had no idea. But she did two 5k's with me. She was amazing. I love you mom! :) I also have to say a great big thanks to Jenny because she kept me going. I honestly don't think I would have finished my goal if it wasn't for her. So thanks Jenny! You are awesome.As a reward for completing my goals I am getting new running shoes. Woot! Mine are pretty hashed...as you can tell from the photo above. I love those shoes though. They carried me a lot of miles this past year.
So what is the plan for next year? A half-marathon. Yes you read that right. I'm going to try that again. I know what you are thinking "Really champ? Again?" Well yes, again. I've already thrown my temper tantrum as Jenny and Lara can attest to today I just need to find a killer plan and get back out there. (P.S. When did I become SUCH a wuss about the cold?!) But January 1st! Well not first because that's a Sunday and my rest day but January 2nd beware pavement I'm coming for you. :)

1 comment: