Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Race #3!


Well I completed my third race this year on March 26th. It was a colon cancer research race. I've decided to try to do races for a good cause. If I'm giving my money somewhere I might as well give it to something like cancer research. This race went UP Millcreek Canyon. I wanted to ralph my guts out the first 1.55 up and it took me FOREVER! But I was able to make up huge time on the downhill. I did 1.55 in about 15ish minutes. It was a nice! I didn't reach my goal of under 40 minutes but I figure since I climbed 500 ft. 42 minutes isn't too bad. I have 9 races left. I am running two in April, yes two in April. I'm doing the second one with my mom and dad and niece Morgan. Should be a good time! This is the plan for May, I look forward to that one. I am doing this one in June. That one I really want to do since my mom has diabetes. AND that one is a 10k. Yikes. But this is for July! Yes you read right half marathon. It scares me to death! I also can't seem to find a training plan I like...that's a worry. :-S But thankfully my dear fiend Jenny is running this with me. If she wasn't I would not be doing it. so I'm grateful. My goal for the half is #1. not die! #2. Finish. #3. Finish and feel like I put my all into it. If that makes sense. I was also excited to get nice weather to run outside but then I found out its supposed to snow tomorrow. Snow! No more! I'm done! Lame.  Also a side note I want to take my Saturday's and do more trail runs. I like the challenge. Anyway, like I've mentioned before I love to have people to run with so feel free to join any race! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment