Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update!

Hey everyone! So this is going to be a short post so enjoy this little nugget! So here's a quick update on what is going on. First off I got a calling in the family ward. Now let me explain something here. I was not wanting to go to the singles ward and I was fighting it. Well I decided to go with my friend Monica to the ward she is supposed to go to. So I went a few times and hated every minute of it. So then I decided I needed to have a better attitude about everything. I worked on it and I chose to go to the ward I am supposed to go to last Sunday. So I went I finally decided I could do the singles ward and get involved and maybe even enjoy it. My reason for deciding to go tot he singles ward is because that is what we are supposed to do as young single adults right? Right. So I finally have a good attitude and ready to do the whole single thing. Wahoo! I'm ready to do this! Yeah not quite. Last Tuesday I got a call from my family ward and they called me to be in the Young Women's presidency as the secretary. So much for the singles ward and my goal. Awesome.

The second thing is that this Saturday my mom and I went to Empty Bowls. It is a fundraiser to help St. Vincent's soup kitchen in Salt Lake City. There are local artists who make clay bowls and donate them to the event. So you go and pick out bowls they cost $15 and then you get soup. It was really cool! Here are pics of my two bowls I got.

 You can't tell from the pic but the whiteish bowl is actually pink and purple...the brown one is my new ice cream bowl. I guess I need to go buy ice cream to try it out. Dang it. :D
 Its cool because it helps out my work! :) Only a different part of it. Good times! I recommend people go next year. Its an annual event.

4 comments:

  1. Wow a new post and a new layout! Very nice. I recall I made a joke about the bowls last week but I no longer can recall it...they are quite lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're nice. Thanks for posting them. Good luck with the calling. You'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing over here. The little secret word I had to type in to have the last comment posted was "mockemb" which I read as "Mock Em, B." Cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Good luck with the calling!

    ReplyDelete