Sunday, August 9, 2009

Foodie and workout uh...sunday

So I know its been a bit and I was supposed to write on workout Wednesday and foodie Friday. Oops! Well workouts I went on a bike ride with the niece and nephew on Tuesday. That was cut short by the niece's bike tire being popped. So she and I walked back to their house that was probably a little over a half a mile. To make up for the short ride we went to Gardner Village. That was a workoutish thing. Except the niece and nephew bought big chunks of fudge. So...Wednesday I went to the Skyline Mine in Scofield, Utah. It was a good time! There was a lot of walking in floppy boots in the darkness. I'll expound on that whole experience on Monday. But it was a good workyout thing. One time we went down to the longwall...will explain later what that is...then we had to hike back to the truck. I was determined to keep up with the friend on the hike back and he has much longer legs than I do and non floppy boots. So it was a good challenge. Thursday was a no workout. The bike I had has had issues so no bike ride. I could have gone running and yes I need to work on that. Friday I had an exam in the morning, visited Janelle in the hospital and the new baby. Then not much else happened. Although my parents love me and bought me a new bike for my birthday. So I went on a short bike ride on Friday night. Saturday I took the bike out for a long ride. It was good.
Now on to the food. I haven't been so good. I had a sope on Wednesday and other mexican food on Friday then out to Charlie Chow's on Saturday. I need to focus on my food. I'm heading back to the 'Scow on hopefully Wednesday. So I can get back to my healthy house food. I'm an out of sight out of mind type person. If the crap food isn't around me then I won't eat it. I need to get back to Moscow. Ok the recipe today comes from none other than Janelle. So thanks Janelle! I added a few things to the recipe.
Chili
12 ounces ground TURKEY
6 Oz. Hot sausage, turkey is what I use.
1 cup chopped onion (large)
1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
2-3 teaspoons chili powder
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
salt to taste
In a large saucepan cook ground TURKEY, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and onin is tender; drain fat. Stir in kidney beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

I made this all the time during the winter and froze it. So thanks Janelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment