Monday, March 23, 2009

Washington DC, Sickness and a Dead Car Battery

For spring break I went to Washington DC. My sister moved there because her husband is working for the State Department as a Foreign Services Officer. They are headed to Mexico in June. They are going to Nuevo Laredo. That would be a border town. That could be exciting but I'm sure things will be fine. So I got to DC on Saturday the 14th. I went to church with them on Sunday and slept off the jetlag the rest of the day. Monday we went to the Air and Space Museum at Dulles International Airport. It was cool. I'm a total nerd for the helicopters. It was cool. That night Becky took me down to the Jefferson Memorial to take some night photos of momuments. But it was raining a lot so they didn't turn out so well. Tuesday I went off on my own. I rode the metro to the Mall and walked fromt he Smithsonian up to the Supreme Court behind the Capitol. On my way to the Supreme Court I got to see Pres. Obama coming out of the Capitol. My pics aren't that great with that because I was far away. But it was cool. Even if you don't like Obama its still cool to see your Pres. I spent most of my time at the Supreme Court that day. I'm a total law student. The security guard laughed at me because I was all giddy about the Justice Marshall exhibit. I then walked down to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. It was cool. Then went to the American History Museum and only spent a little time there because they were closing. I then went to the National Archives and saw the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights. On Wednesday I went with Becky and the kids to go check out the monuments. We started at the Jefferson Memorial and walked the circle to the FDR, Korea, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam, WWII, and Washington Monument. It was fun and finally sunny for once. Thursday I went on my own again to the Library of Congress, really cool building and the Supreme Court again...mostly to get things for the law student friends. Then I went to Arlington Cemetary. I saw the changing of the guard. That is really cool! I also saw JFK's memorial. Friday my sister and the kids and I went to the National Zoo...really nice zoo and its free! I saw the baby gorilla. It's so cute! Then that night I met up with Steve Schaefermeyer and his roommate Loren for dinner. They both are going to law school next fall and are checking out schools. So I don't remember Steve being as tall or as big as he is. I came to maybe Steve's soulder. It was weird and Loren is tall too. So I was walking between two really tall guys and I felt really short. Saturday we went to Fort McHenry in Baltimore. That is where Francis Scott Key was when he wrote the Star Spangled Banner durig the War of 1812. Then I flew home. Wahoo.







So the sickness came from the DC metro. I got sick on Thursday and its just gotten worse. It's Sunday and I currently have no voice. I have a cough and sore throat. The reason why it annoys me is because I've been wanting to get sick all semester so I could miss class. But no it happens over Spring Break. But I don't think I'm going to class tomorrow anyway.
I came home on Saturday and got in my car to go buy medicine for my cold and my car battery was complety dead. So I called my friend back who picked me up and we tried to be manly girls and jump my car on our own. It was in pouring rain too. However, that was not going to work. We tried we really did. We thought we were cool because we actually had jumper cables! But I couldn't remeber how to do it. So I ended up calling my friend Scott to come help us out. I was really appreciative. I now need to repay him some how. But now my car is fixed and we are all happy. I'm glad to be home. I really enjoyed my trip and spending time with my sister and her family. But there is just something about your own bed when you are sick that makes things better. Well that's it. I'm out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous! I would love to go to D.C. and see all of those things! One day, One day! I am glad you had an awesome trip and got to see all those things personally and that you enjoyed the courthouse!!

    Tell Becky I said hello! It would make me nervous to move to a border town... good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like your trip was awesome! sorry you got sick though.

    ReplyDelete