Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Training day: 1. A trail running wake up call

Today was day one of new training with Jenny for a 15k. So here's how it went. It blew. We were set to do 2 miles. Well I did two miles. I just walked...a lot! Which is frustrating going from consistently running 7-8 miles last June and July to not even doing two. I am a month post op from the appendix almost bursting but I have no pain from that so I can't use it as an excuse. Though because of it I pretty much had to take the whole month off. Lame. But this was day one. It can only get better from here right? So we ran a canal road in West Jordan tonight. It was all dirt road. I have ran trails before and really liked it but this was a great wake up call at #1. Remembering how difficult that can be until you adjust your footing and #2. How out of shape I am for trail running. Which means I just need to do more of it. But that's the report and hopefully Monday I will have awesome news! No I'm not getting married Becky. ;-) peace out!!

1 comment: