Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nothing but Gratitude


       This being September 11 and 10 years since the attacks in America I feel nothing but gratitude. Gratitude for the military, police, EMTs, firefighters and every day citizens trying to make a change for the better. All I have to say is thank you.
    I had a woman tell me once that I shouldn't care as much about what happened on September 11 because it happened in Washington, New York and Pennsylvania, no where close to me. That was sad to me. I feel like if something tragic happens in a family all the family members feel it. Its the same here. If tragedy hits we all feel it.  I also would hate to think that we are a county that doesn't feel pain for the tragedy of another. We are not that type of country and I know this woman was an isolated incident. We do care and I know we always will.
     I hope that today reminds us how we all came together that day and we can hopefully become back together for the good of each other and the country and the world. God bless America and I pray for those still fighting for what's right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment