Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick Story...because I'm a dork

Ok this story involves swimming laps, and me being blind...remember how I had that corneal melt on my eye? Right.
Ok so I was at my gym swimming laps a little bit ago. Now due to my eye, the eye doctor has said no contacts for 6 months. Which blows. But I am virtually blind with out my glasses. Seriously blind, blind. Right so I'm not about to wear my glasses while swimming laps. But I was hesitant due to my previous experience with swimming laps and now glasses. (read previous blog posts) Right. So I was running a little late and I needed to really pay close attention to the clock. But I'm blind remember? So I have had to ask for assistance from other people previously. I get done with this lap and I see this thing that is shaped like a human standing up against the wall. so this is how our dialog went. *ahem* Me: "Excuse me. Can you tell me what time it is?" human shaped form: ..... Me: "Sir? Can you tell me what time it is?" HSF:... Lady in the swimming lane next to me: "Umm...sweety, I can tell you what time it is if you'd like." So this nice lady tells me the time and I just think that that guy was being rude. But then squint and try to get closer and I realized that I had been speaking to the garbage can. Yup the garbage can. And this lady next to me saw the whole thing. It was sure awesome. I laughed about that one for a while. I hope you all enjoyed that as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment